Cream Cheese Chicken Stuffed Peppers
A great low-carb option!
- 2 cups chicken cooked and shredded or diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened; room temperature
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese grated
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese grated
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 4 bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice peppers in half and remove the seeds and membrane. Place in a baking dish. I used a 9 x 13.
- Add chicken, cream cheese, cheeses, jalapeño, cumin, salt and salsa to a medium bowl and stir well to combine.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly into each halved pepper.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve immediately.