I am totally in love with Bailey’s Irish Cream. A bit in my coffee… who’s kidding, a lot in my coffee, and it’s an awesome cup of coffee. But, I don’t like the high prices of Bailey’s Irish Cream. This recipe allows you to make a small batch at home. Best of all, you can control the flavors. Want more chocolate flavor? Add more chocolate syrup. Want more whiskey? Add more… you get the idea. This makes a generous jar full which lasts up to 2 months in your refrigerator. Make a batch and share some… or not! Totally up to you.
I found this recipe and I was totally hooked. The one I had been using required the mixture to ferment for awhile. Who has time for that? This is quick to make and can be drunk … consumed?… immediately.
As with any good Irish cocktail, it all starts with a great whiskey. I am using Jameson’s in this, but feel free to use your favorite brand.
Whenever a recipe calls for instant coffee, I always cringe. I don’t drink the stuff and what on earth am I going to do with a full jar of it? I found this single serving option. One of these single servings is more than 2 teaspoons – but I used the entire package and the finished product tasted great.
Speaking of the finished product…. it was great. By the way, it didn’t last 2 months in my refrigerator.
Homemade Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1 2/3 cups Irish Whiskey Jameson
- 1 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Transfer mixture to a glass jar (or any other airtight container) with a tight-fitting lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months. Shake well before using.