The Strawberry Margarita is another classic margarita. You can do this in your home with the assistance of a blender. You can adjust the recipe for your personal taste and sweetness. You can salt the rim or not. Our preference is not to rim the glass.
You will need the following items:
1 cup of strawberry puree (frozen or Fresh strawberries. We are using frozen.)
2 1/2 cups of Ice
2 Limes juiced
1/4 cup of Simple Sugar
1 cup of Tequila
lime wedge for garish
Margarita glass (freeze the glass before using)
Ok lets create this Margarita:
1. Simple Sugar. This is easy to create and refrigerate the left over for up to a month. Add equal parts of sugar and water and place in sauce pan over the stove to heat until the sugar is dissolved. You can use the microwave as well. Chill when dissolved.
2. Strawberry puree. If you are using frozen strawberries or fresh add them into a blender of food processing device. Chop up into fine puree. This will give you a smooth texture when you blend the margarita.
3. Cut the lime in a slice or wedge for rim of the glass.
4. Blending time. Add the ice, strawberry puree, lime juice,simple sugar into the blender. Blend the mixture until well blended and smooth.
5. Rim the glass if you like a salt or sugar rim on the glass. Unto a plate add some Kosher salt or sugar or mixture of both. Take a piece of lime wedge and rim the glass with lime juice, and then dip the glass into the plate of the mixture.
6. Pour you blended drink into your glass and add the garnish and serve. This recipe can make 4 drinks.